- THE COMPANY
ETHERASWARE Private Company (in Greek “ETHERASWARE Ιδιωτική Κεφαλαιουχική Εταιρεία”) is a Greek company established in 2022, having its headquarters at Steliou Kazantzidi 47 Street, postal code 57001, in Thessaloniki, Greece, with VAT number EL801886666, incorporated under Greek Law.
NEREID or NEREID | The future of yachting experience is an integrated cross platform management system for marinas, incorporating specialized features to enable full-scale support for boat owners. The domain name of the website (web platform) is nereid.gr.
- Boaters: As we collect for our General Users, we may also collect and retain your primary boating city, information about your boat, current and prior marina reservation details, favourite marinas, special marina requests, and the contact information of people you add to, or notify of, your marina reservations through our services. These are preferences you make within our services or that are otherwise generated by you through your use of the services. If you use our mobile application, we may collect and retain the marina search locations you select. services, credit, or debit card account information may be required for billing purposes. You are advised not to provide us with someone else’s contact information unless you have their prior consent to share such information with us. We will not contact you for any other purpose than sharing your reservation details, as requested by you. We may also share with marinas summary reports of feedback from you and other boaters. For example, if you provide comments about a marina through our services, these comments may be shared with that marina. Information you choose to share with a marina when you make a reservation and pay a marina through our services may be used by the marina. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices of marinas. Please contact the marina directly if you want to learn about the respective privacy practices.
- Marinas: In addition to the types of information we collect for our General Users, we may also collect and retain your bank account information for payment purposes and information regarding your marina as detailed below. The information that we display may include:
- The name of your marina
- Marina photos
- Whether mooring and/or docking is offered
- Phone number
- VHF Channel(s) monitored
- Narrative description of your marina
- Services and amenities offered at your marina
- Your cancellation policy
2.1 PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, last name, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
2.2 SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sensitive personal Information is any information, revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or any personal information relating to criminal convictions and offenses. We do not solicit or attempt to collect, use, or process any Sensitive personal information.
- NEREID DATA COLLECTION
The Company provides the administration system for marinas. Therefore, if you are a customer in a marina, we might also store data about you on behalf of the marina. This data includes ordinary personal data like the aforementioned personal data, berth dates (arrival and departure), purchase history, use of our digital services, and your extra preferences (i.e., additional accommodation from nearby hotels in order for us to recommend you related options), all based on your agreement with the marina.
Our services may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly, with other users, or with friends. Our services may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use third-party services, including those on which our services have a presence. Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. We also do not control the privacy practices of third parties. Please contact these websites and services directly if you want to learn more about their privacy practices.
We may also collect information from other sources, such as third-party websites, applications, and services, through which you connect with our services, and we may combine that with information we collect directly through our services. We may access and share information contained in cookies placed on your device by third-party companies or platforms as permitted by the terms of your agreement and privacy settings with such third-party platforms.
- NEREID DATA COLLECTION AND DATA SHARING
Primarily, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation and payments and forward your reservation details to the accommodation you have booked. We provide international customer service in one (1) language (English). Sharing your details with our global customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us – including assisting you to find appropriate accommodation and responding to any questions about your reservation. We use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travellers to choose the accommodation that suits them best. We offer a User account facility on our website. We use the information you give us to administer this, allowing you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, make future reservations more easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings allows you to keep and share lists, share photos, see accommodation that you have searched before, and see other information you have provided about accommodation and destinations. It also allows you to see any reviews you have submitted about places you have stayed in. If you want, you can share certain information in your user account by creating a public profile that is associated with either your own first name or a screen name of your choice. The type of information you share also includes your boat image or personal photo, the names of places you have stayed in, your lists, your plans for future trips, your reviews and other information about accommodation and destinations.
We use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. When you make a reservation with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news of similar travel-related products and services. With your consent – if consent is required under local law – we may also send you other regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the “Unsubscribe” link in each newsletter, or you can administer your subscriptions through your account. Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the NEREID web platform, in mobile application or on third-party websites, including social media websites. These might be offers that you can book directly on the NEREID’s platform or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. If we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you by phone. We might get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you have shared with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- The Company may need to respond to and handle requests you have made;
- If you have not finalised a reservation online, NEREID may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful, allowing you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch;
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience;
- We may send you other material related to your reservations, such as how to contact the Company, if you need assistance while you are away, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning your trip or getting the best out of your stay. We may also send you material related to upcoming reservations or a summary of previous reservations you made through NEREID.
In addition, we use personal data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance user experience, and to improve functionality and quality of our online travel services. We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent. We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
We may use your information to operate, maintain, and improve our platform, mobile application, products, and services, as well as, to process payments (the company may collect and use your personal information to create, authenticate a claim to, or otherwise maintain a user account on the services in order to send you transaction receipts and to authenticate your credit card, debit card, or bank account information when you provide that information to us) and send related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, recommendations, security alerts, and support-related actions (in case you contact customer support for any questions, to provide feedback or comments, or in response to one of our service updates).
We may collect, use, process, and share your contact information in order to communicate with you, diagnose any potential issues with the services, provide you with a response or solution, and generally provide customer service. We may request additional information from you in order to optimize our contact with you. We may also use the contact information you provide us to send you information relating to our products and services, including reservation confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, customer support, and administrative messages. These are not marketing communications, and you may not opt out of these communications unless you terminate your account with us.
- NEREID STORE, TRANSFER AND SECURE DATA
The security of your personal information is important to the Company, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable and commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we collect to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. If your payment information is being transmitted to or through our services, it will be protected by encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). To be clear, we do not save your payment information and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your payments. Our contracts with marinas that receive your payment information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
- USERS PERSONAL DATA AND CONTROL
You may be able to access, change, modify, or restrict access to your personal information and other information through the services, or upon request. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority where you reside. If your account is administered by an organization and you are not the administrator, you must refer to that organization’s policies regarding your personal information and contact your administrator accordingly. We do not control, nor are we responsible for, the policies set by organization administrators. It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal information is current, correct, and accurate. We will make all commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with or remove your personal information from our databases and servers upon request, as feasible, and as required under applicable laws and regulations. However, we may retain your personal information and any other information necessary in order to pursue legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with and demonstrate compliance with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Likewise, if you post or share information publicly or with other users, certain information may remain even after you have terminated your account or requested the removal of your Personal Information. Furthermore, in some cases, we may not be able to remove or supply you with your information, in which case we will let you know why. If fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or otherwise violate the rights and freedoms of others, we will notify you that we cannot act on your request for such reasons. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our services. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our services and you will not enjoy the fully NEREID experience. We have a free mobile application for a variety of mobile devices, which we constantly optimize by regularly updating our web platform. The application and mobile web platform process the personal details you provide us in much the same way as our web platform does – and they allow you to use location services to find accommodation nearby your marina or port. With your consent, we may send you push notifications with information about your reservation and more.
Following the European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and the misuse of personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you provide us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
- USER REVIEWS
When you make a reservation in a marina and later you leave, the Company, after any accommodation booked through us, may invite you to submit a guest review. The invitation may ask for information about the accommodation, the surrounding areas, and the destination. If you do not want to make a personal review, you have the alternative option to display your feedback anonymously on the website. By completing a guest review, you agree that it can be displayed based our Terms and Conditions, for example, the relevant accommodation information page on our web platform, in our mobile application, in our social media accounts, on the website of the relevant accommodation or on our third parties website, to inform other travellers. If you indicate that a guest review was helpful – or not helpful – we will aggregate this with feedback from other customers in order to sort and prioritise guest reviews. We may use the information in your lists or in other destination-related information, you share with us in anonymous form – unless you have included this information in your public profile – to help other travellers find the right destination.
8.1 WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to cookies and similar technologies (together referred to as “Cookies”).
8.2 WHY ARE COOKIES USED?
Web pages have no memory. If you browse from page to page within a website, you will not be recognised as the same user across pages. Cookies allow you to be recognised as the same user across the pages of a website. Cookies also allow your choices to be remembered – choices such as the language you prefer, the currency you use, and your search criteria. They will also make sure you are recognised when you return to a website.
8.3 DO ALL COOKIES DO THE SAME THING?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorised based on their function, their lifespan, and according to who places them on a website.
- Functional cookies: We use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches, and the accommodation you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our web platform, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
- Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly web platform that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our web platform, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in, and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are necessary for our web platform to function properly.
- Commercial cookies: We use third-party cookies as well as our own to display personalised advertisements on our websites and on other websites. This is called “retargeting,” and it is based on browsing activities, such as the destinations you have been searching for, the accommodation you have viewed, and the prices you have been shown. Commercial cookies may also be used by selected third parties to display their products and services through our website.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight about how our visitors use the web platform, to find out what works and what does not, to optimise and improve our web platform, and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we collect includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information, and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use, and the text you type while using our website. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement – which may include advertisements on third-party websites. However, we will not know who you are, and will only collect anonymous data. Our third parties may also use analytics cookies to learn if their customers make use of accommodation offers integrated into their websites.
8.5 HOW CAN YOU RECOGNISE THE COMPANY’S COOKIES AND WHO HAS ACCEESS ON THEM?
You can find our Cookies in your browser settings. Only NEREID has access to NEREID Cookies. The third parties Cookies can access Cookies placed by third parties.
8.6 DOES NEREID USE THIRD PARTY MARKETING AND ANALYTICS COOKIES?
NEREID uses the services of recognised online advertising and marketing companies. NEREID may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place Cookies. The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
8.7 HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR COOKIE PREFERENCES?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which Cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the “Help” function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain Cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. However, we do not otherwise support “Do Not Track” browser settings. Opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
8.8 DOES NEREID USE WEB BEACONS?
NEREID sometimes uses web beacons. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that either is delivered to your computer as part of a web page request or in an HTML email message. Either directly or through service providers, we use these pixels as part of our online advertisements either on our website or on third-party websites to learn whether a user who is being shown an online advertisement also makes a reservation; to track conversion with partner websites and to analyse the traffic patterns of users to optimise the travel-related services we bring to you.
- CONTACT US
Thank you for your trust in us!
Company: ETHERASWARE P.C.
Web platform: nereid.gr (NEREID | The future of yachting experience)
Address: Steliou Kazantzidi 47 Street, Thessaloniki, Greece
Postal code: 57001
VAT number: EL801886666